Business Owner Policies are amongst the most used in the industry and are a combination of General Liability (GL) and Commercial Property (CP). The GL covers businesses against things such as personal and advertising injury, products and completed operations, and liabilities that may arise out of clients or others visiting your office. For ex. slip and falls etc. The commercial property policy protects a business’ personal property (office furniture and computers etc.) against perils such as fire, vandalism and theft.

Common policy amendments that businesses choose to purchase include the following:

  1. Employers’ Practice Liability: This is for protection against suits brought on by current and former employees for things such as harassment and wrongful termination.
  2. Hired & Non-Owned Auto: This is for when you or a member of your firm is traveling and they rent a car. The liability portion of your policy will cover you in case you drive any Hired (rented) vehicle or if you drive any Non-Owned (Borrowed) vehicle and cause property damage or bodily injury to another person.

The majority of small and medium size businesses qualify for BOP policies, though there are some businesses which do not qualify for coverage under the BOP program. Sometimes if BOP’s are not available for a certain risk then we obtain these policies separately. Our experienced business specialists are always available to discuss your business needs with you and offer suggestions regarding the best coverages available to you.